Delivering Performance in Small or Virtual Spaces
The Accedian Networks NanoNID provides an innovative way to offer NID key features such as Performance Monitoring (PM) and Connectivity Fault management (CFM) into deployed Network Elements. The NanoNID can enhance existing legacy network elements instead of replacing them, thereby saving truckrolls and costs to the network operator.
Accedian’s V-NID™ solution suite is a standards-based, one-way Network Performance Assurance & SLA Monitoring solution that enables mobile carriers and service providers to verify, validate and visualize their network.
The NanoNID is a virtual test set, which can provide NID service management capabilities such as Remote Troubleshooting, Performance Measurement and Capacity Planning. It is an alternative and efficient service turn-up tool set.
The rich feature set of the NanoNID include:
- Future Proof Field Programmability: New functionality can easily be downloaded remotely to the NanoNID, without the need for a truck roll
- Remote management: With its unique design, the NanoNID can be managed remotely without the need for an embedded software agent
- Allows for the seamless integration with existing Accedian Networks suite of V-NID™ Actuators
- Layer 3 performance management and troubleshooting with a TWAMP-Lite option
- Allows for RFC-2544 and ITU-T Y.1564 automated Service Activation Testing capabilities
The V-NID performance assurance suite provides a comprehensive solution for verifying networks on a granular and continuous basis, as well as, validating SLA conformance. By utilizing standard reflectors, such as ETH-OAM or TWAMP, integrated into the network components in combination with Accedian's patented measurement technique the V-NID product suite enables one-way monitoring of network performance with high accuracy, without the need for dedicated hardware test points at each connection end.
The V-NID solution suite delivers:
- Standards-based one-way network performance assurance solution using ETH-OAM, TWAMP already present in network elements
- Extended measurement types for even greater performance visibility
- Patented, high-accuracy one-way delay measurement technique without need for synchronized hardware test points at each end of connection
- Centralized or distributed measurement injection using the V-NID Actuator
- Centralized provisioning, management, mediation and reporting via the V-NID Manager
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack for both management and TWAMP-Lite measurement
- IP, Ethernet and OAM end-user experience metrics summarized and displayed via VisionMETRIX™ performance monitoring dashboard
The Accedian V-NID solution provides the ultra-accurate performance monitoring mobile carriers have come expect in the macro cell deployment, in a cost-effective approach that enables it to be applied in the microcell network.