As the use of smartphones and OTT Video continue to cause pressure on the network, there has been an industry wide push to modernize the pipe that is carrying traffic from the cell tower to the network. At the same time mobile operators are looking to increase the size of their networks, and are moving to upgrade the backhaul from TDM lines to Gigabit Ethernet. Although Gigabit Ethernet solves the capacity issue, it requires an added ingredient to be as stable and predictable as TDM: Performance Assurance.
Accedian Networks’ Performance Assurance solutions optimize, improve and manage the performance of Carrier Ethernet. For service providers, this entails micro-second delay and delay variation measurement, hitless throughput and remote loopback testing, mesh network, ring topology support and advanced traffic control from edge-to-edge.
Accedian’s EtherNID, MetroNID and MetroNODE family of demarcation solutions enable end-to-end service provisioning and assurance with carrier grade performance, while delivering the most comprehensive remote test and performance monitoring, service creation and traffic management capabilities that enable premium services backed by assured SLAs. Accedian solutions’ unique hardware-based architecture delivers the most precise in-service measurements available, all without adding delay or delay variation to pass-through traffic.
Here’s how Accedian’s Mobile Backhaul Solutions are different:
There are many companies talking about Y.1564, but in order to really be able to deliver upon the needs of the service providers, Accedian has a unique approach to using Y.1564. The following describes how:
- Capable to define each of the network attributes independently for each flow. This provides mobile operators with the flexibility to adapt to their specific networks design.
- From a centralized location, the ability to fully control all the end points that make up the test, thus increases the productivity of the technician.
- Being installed as a demark device enables one-way delay measurements and fully integrates into the network timing, thus providing easy access to the timing.
- Fully integrated and deployed in the networks, Accedian’s Y.1564 implementation does not require the allocation of special IP addresses.
- Ability to run testing regardless of the time of day/location. Makes in-service testing and remote testing easy and saves truck-rolls.
Accedian’s MetroNODE 10GE™ delivers high capacity ring protection. Based upon G.8032v2 with sub 50ms failover switching, the Accedian MetroNODE 10GE can be used to extend highly resilient protected Ethernet services to support Carrier Ethernet applications, such as mobile backhaul. The G.8032v2 support for the MetroNODE 10GE can be used as a standalone to deliver protected 10GbE or 1GbE services to cell sites or subscriber locations.
Optimized for multi-site, ring or mesh network and multi-service performance testing, Accedian solutions effectively scale to meet the capacity demands of mobile operators, cable operators and service providers who are implementing mobile backhaul services.