V-NID Suite Overview
Standards-Based, One-Way and Two-Way Network Performance Assurance & SLA Monitoring
Accedian Networks has leveraged its industry-leading Ethernet OAM-based performance assurance technology to introduce the V-NID™ product suite. By using and extending the existing standards for performance assurance, V-NID™ offers a unique solution to provide detailed one-way network KPI’s and SLA monitoring without the need for external synchronization.
Verify, Validate, Visualize
The V-NID performance assurance suite provides a comprehensive solution for verifying networks on a granular and continuous basis, and validating SLA conformance. By utilizing standard reflectors such as ETH-OAM or TWAMP integrated into the network components in combination with Accedian's patented measurement technique the V-NID product suite enables one-way monitoring of network performance with high accuracy, without the need for hardware test points at each end of connection.
Optionally, endpoints equipped with the V-NID Standards+ software reflector offers you an even larger set of high accuracy one-way metrics as well as the option to disguise your measurements to look like any other end-user frame on the network such as VoIP flows, SCTP signals or HTTP streams.
- Standards-based one-way network performance assurance solution using ETH-OAM, TWAMP and Accedian Standards+
- Standards+ supports extended measurement types for even greater performance visibility
- Patented, high-accuracy one-way delay measurement technique without need for synchronized hardware test points at each end of connection
- Centralized or distributed measurement injection using the V-NID Actuator
- Centralized provisioning, management, mediation and reporting via the V-NID Manager
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack for both management and RFC5357 TWAMP measurement
- IP, Ethernet and OAM end-user experience metrics summarized and displayed via VisionMETRIX™ performance monitoring dashboard
- V-NID Actuator - the active performance measurement component in the V-NID performance management architecture.
- Performance Monitoring (PM) Reflector - An Accedian or 3rd party, standards based responder of measurement frames sent from a V-NID ACTUATOR
- V-NID Manager - the main controller unit in the V-NID application performance and SLA monitoring suite.
- VisionMETRIX - Accedian's performance visualization portal delivering actionable and concise dashboards of network performance.
- TWAMP Light Sessions - Support for Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) light sessions as specified in RFC-5357.
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack for both management and TWAMP Light measurements
- Ethernet OAM Sessions - Support for ITU-T Y.1731 (and IEEE 802.1ag) sessions. Ethernet Loopback (ETH-LB), Two-way Frame Delay Measurement (ETH-DM) and Vendor Specific OAM PDU (ETH-VSP) implementing a layer-2 version of 2xOneWay.
Performance Monitoring (PM) Reflector
- ICMP and UDP echo
- TWAMP-LITE TWO-WAY Active Measurement Protocol as specified in RFC-5357
- Ethernet OAM as specified in ITU-T Y.1731 and IEEE 802.1ag
- Centralized provisioning, management, mediation and reporting
- SLA Configuration and Management - including alarm filters, reporting rules as well as customer related information.
- Report Engine - For periodic report generation, the report engine will automatically aggregate measurement data with configurable intervals (hours to months). The report engine is accessed through a user-friendly web-based interface.